As it’s zero waste week this week, we thought it would be a perfect time to discuss different ways to reduce waste. Here at Plateaway, our mission is to ensure there is as little waste as possible within our kits. We do this, not only through restaurants ensuring that all their kits have pre portioned ingredients to prevent food wastage, but also through our recyclable, eco-friendly and sustainable packaging.
Here are some creative ways to reuse and make the most out of our packaging!
- Jars – When you finish the jar of sauce, pickles, olives or whatever it may be in your kit – get washing up, get creative and decorate as you like, and you’ve instantly got yourself a vase, a candle holder, a money box or soap dispenser!
- Woolcool – To ensure our food stays fresh for up to 48 hours, we use temperature-controlled packaging, called Woolcool. Some cool ways to reuse this packaging include using it to line your bags or backpacks to protect laptops or use it to fill soft furnishings such as cushions and pillows or pet beds!
- Cardboard Boxes – Cardboard boxes make the perfect storage boxes and you can get as creative as you like with them! Spraypaint, paint or line fabric to transform a standardised box into a stylish one! You could also use cardboard boxes and make drawer dividers!
- Ice Packs – Our ice packs can simply be placed back in the freezer ready to be reused. They are great for picnics or to be placed in your lunchboxes!
- Pots – With food containers and pots, simply rewash them and reuse them! Whether you use them for nibbles for a dinner party or to store toppings such as seeds or seasonings, there are plenty of ways to make the most out of this packaging!