- 4 eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 225g butter
- Strawberry jam
- Whipped double cream
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line round cake tins. Rub some butter around the inside of the tins and then line the bottom with a circle of baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder and butter. Combine and mix together with an electric hand mixer or whisk.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the tins and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake the cakes for approximately 20-25 minutes and check on them to ensure they are golden brown.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and set them aside to cool in their tins for around 5 minutes. When cool, with a rounded butter knife, go around the inside edge of the cake and remove from the tins and place onto a cooling rack.
- Place the cooling rack into the fridge until the cake is ready to serve and assemble!
- When ready to serve, place one of the cakes upside down and cover with a layer of jam and a layer of whipped cream. Place the second cake on top and lightly dust some icing sugar on top!
- Serve & ENJOY!