Garlic bread is the PERFECT accompaniment to almost any dish. Most commonly it is served with soup but the Plateaway team tend to eat it as a starter, be it with pasta, pizza – pretty much anything – you name it! Here is our super secret recipe to make garlic bread at home, quickly and easily.
- 1 baguette or loaf of French bread
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Fresh chopped parsley
- A pinch of salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. In a large bowl, stir together the softened butter, olive oil, minced garlic, chopped parsley, and a pinch of salt until well combined.
- Cut the baguette or french bread lengthways. Lay the bread on a baking sheet facing up. Spread the garlic butter mixture evenly over the surface of the bread.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of the bread *optional*
- Bake the bread for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot & enjoy!